« Thalidomide, Bound to Its Target |
| Allergan Twists and Turns »
July 18, 2014
Chemistry Class For the "Food Babe"?
I found this article from the Charlotte Observer on the "Food Babe" (Vani Hari) very interesting. A "menu consultant" for Chick-Fil-A, is she? Who knew?
I've come across a horribly long string of chemistry misapprehensions, mistakes, and blunders while looking at her site - she truly appears to know nothing whatsoever about chemistry, not that this would appear to bother her much. (Wavefunction has a good article on these). I noticed in the comments section of the newspaper's article that someone is apparently trying to crowdsource a fundraising drive to send her to some chemistry classes. I enjoy that idea very much, although (1) horse, water, drink, etc., and (2) she appears to have sufficient funds to do this already, were it of any possible interest to her. And more money coming in all the time. She may well make more money telling people that they're eating yoga mats than I do trying to discover drugs.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: General Scientific News
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen
- Clinical Trial Fraud
- Grinding Up Your Reactions
- Peer Review, Up Close and Personal
- Google's Calico Moves Into Reality
- Reactive Groups: Still Not So Reactive
- A VC Firm Touts Its Successes - And Its Failures