« This All Too Open Office |
| Hit the Polyamine Pedal, And Hold It »
May 21, 2014
Pfizer/AstraZeneca: The Arm-Wrestling Phase
Don't forget - you can bet that the people at AstraZeneca aren't forgetting - that Pfizer still has until May 26th under UK securities law for their takeover offer. Today's Wall Street Journal reports that some institutional investors are pressuring AZ's board to accept the offer (or at least open negotiations), while others are standing with the company's management. (Here's a summary at FierceBiotech if you don't have WSJ access). My guess is that the current deal won't go through, but if there's any mis-step in AZ's turnaround plans during the rest of the year, Pfizer will be right back at the door.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Targacept Comes Up Empty, Yet Again
- Summer Blogging
- The Antibiotic Gap: It's All of the Above
- Phenotypic Assays in Cancer Drug Discovery
- Neratinib Comes Through For Puma
- How Many Biopharma Employees Would Rather Be Working Somewhere Else?
- The Broad Gets $650 Million For Psychiatric Research
- Put Them in Cells and Find Out