« The Nasty Side of HDL |
| Dacomitinib Doesn't Come Through »
January 27, 2014
The 2013 Crop of New Drugs
Here's Lisa Jarvis's roundup of the 2013 drug approvals (PDF version). There's also a list of notable late-stage clinical failures, and unfortunately, these tended to be potentially bigger drugs than the ones that got through last year.
I have to wonder if the structures included along with the chart were chosen especially to highlight the occasional "non-druglike" features (acrylamides, aminals, and so on). It's well worth taking a look at new-approval lists and things like the Top 200 Drugs posters to remind yourself that structures you might have crossed off the screening list are out there making hundreds of millions of dollars.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Regulatory Affairs
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Did Pfizer Cut Back Some of Its Best Compounds?
- Don't Optimize Your Plasma Protein Binding
- Fluorinated Fingerprinting
- One of Those Days
- ChemDraw Days
- Incomprehensible Drug Prices? Think Again.
- Proteins Grazing Against Proteins
- Sulfates, And What They Can Make