« Options And Suchlike |
| On Conspiratorial Thinking »
August 26, 2013
Amgen Buys Onyx
So Amgen's bid for Onyx look like it's going through, and the reaction of John Carroll at FiercePharma was to tweet "Expect big layoffs soon". He took some flak for being such a downer, but he's right, as far as I can see. Amgen isn't buying Onyx for their research staff, or any of their people at all. As that Bloomberg story linked to above has it, "Amgen to Buy Onyx for $10.4 Billion to Gain Cancer Drug".
That's Kyprolis (carfilzomib), their proteasome inhibitor, and that's all they need from Onyx, who bought the compound anyway when they acquired Proteolix a few years ago. So since I don't want to be a downer either, especially on Monday morning, I'd be interested to see if anyone can make another case. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets | Cancer
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here