« Knockout Mice, In Detail |
| Ingenol: A Walk In The Park »
August 1, 2013
Merck Cuts Coming? Or Not?
This has just shown up in the comments section, so I wanted to note it out here on the front page. The New Jersey state workforce directory lists Merck as notifying them that they plan to eliminate up to 113 jobs in Kenilworth, with an effective date of October 1.
I don't know what the follow-through is on notices like this, or the legal consequences thereof. And there's certainly nothing in there about what sorts of reductions these might be. But it's worth noting that the company has at least filed the paperwork - has anyone in Kenilworth heard more?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern