« The Junk DNA Wars Get Hotter |
| Good Advice: Get Lost! »
July 18, 2013
BMS Moving Jobs to Florida
The state of Florida is press-releasing that Bristol-Myers Squibb is opening a "capability center" in the Tampa area, which will bring 579 jobs. What they're not saying - but what I hear through the grapevine - is that some of these jobs were formerly somewhere else. I don't know how many of the total are actually new positions.
They seem mostly to be support staff (I have to say, I have no clear picture of what a capability center actually is), and the affected people were notified late this afternoon. At least it opens in January, when a move to Tampa will be somewhat more tolerable. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?