« A Malfunctioning Spambot |
| Automated Med-Chem, At Last? »
March 26, 2013
The Wyeth/Elan Insider Trading Case Resolves
You may remember this insider trading scandal from last year, involving a lead investigator for Wyeth/Elan's trials of bapineuzumab for Alzheimer's.
Here's the sequel. The hedge fund involved has agreed to pay $600 million dollars to settle the charges, although this does not get the manager himself off the hook (litigation in his case continues). Dr. Sidney Gilman, the investigator who leaked the information, has already been required to give back all his own gains, with interest and penalties.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets | Clinical Trials | The Dark Side
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Days Off
- Shuffling the Departments
- Funding Undergraduate Summer Research
- J. Appl. Drivel or Gibberish Lett.? Choices, Choices.
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System