« TauRx Goes Into Phase III For Alzheimer's |
| More on That Crowdsourced CNS Research »
November 21, 2012
Well, I know that it's an odd time for me to be posting here, but I'm up working on some Thanksgiving food for tomorrow. The chocolate pecan pie recipe that I've posted here is back, by popular demand of my family (and me), and one of them is going to be coming out of the oven in about ten minutes. I've made a pumpkin pie as well; America is all about having a multitude of options.
Tomorrow we'll be roasting a large turkey (we buy a kosher one, which takes care of the brining step that really improves the bird). And there will be stuffing - my Iranian mother-in-law's recipe, which features seasoned bread cubes, onion, celery, cranberries, and pepperoni (trust me, it works). Alongside this will be homemade mashed potatoes (with turkey gravy), sweet potatoes, green beans cooked with some Tennessee country ham, creamed onions with thyme, pan-roasted Brussell sprouts, and a huge Iranian basmati rice pullao with saffron, orange zest, pistachios, and tart red zereshk berries.
That should pretty much hold everyone. If not, well, there's not much more I can do. Never trust an organic chemist who can't cook.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Blog Housekeeping
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Update on Alnylam (And the Direction of Things to Come)
- There Must Have Been Multiple Chances to Catch This
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen
- Clinical Trial Fraud
- Grinding Up Your Reactions
- Peer Review, Up Close and Personal