« The Novartis Pipeline |
| Easy Money, Right? »
November 19, 2012
Small Molecules Slipping Off the List
If you want to see the effects of (a) patent expirations on big-selling small molecules and (b) the lack of patent expiration effects on biologics (for now), take a look at the likely list of best-selling drugs of 2012. There are three small molecule therapies in the top ten: Advair, Crestor, and Lipitor, all of which are getting rather elderly. More show up below that point, but it's going to be hard to dislodge those antibodies from the upper reaches of the list. . .
Via Rich Apodaca's Twitter feed.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here