« The Novartis Pipeline |
| Easy Money, Right? »
November 19, 2012
Small Molecules Slipping Off the List
If you want to see the effects of (a) patent expirations on big-selling small molecules and (b) the lack of patent expiration effects on biologics (for now), take a look at the likely list of best-selling drugs of 2012. There are three small molecule therapies in the top ten: Advair, Crestor, and Lipitor, all of which are getting rather elderly. More show up below that point, but it's going to be hard to dislodge those antibodies from the upper reaches of the list. . .
Via Rich Apodaca's Twitter feed.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern