« Hexacyclinol Round-Up |
| That's Where The Money Is »
November 16, 2012
Your Press Release Has Already Been Written
Alan Dove has it right here:
In a groundbreaking new study, scientists at Some University have discovered that a single molecule may drive people to perform that complex behavior we’ve all observed. Though other researchers consider the results of the small, poorly structured experiment misleading, a well-written press release ensures that their criticisms will be restricted to brief quotes buried near the bottoms of most news stories on the work, if they’re included at all.
There's more at the link, and believe me, you've seen releases that conform to this template so perfectly, it's eerie. I'm reminded of this famous BBC news report. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets | The Scientific Literature
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Days Off
- Shuffling the Departments
- Funding Undergraduate Summer Research
- J. Appl. Drivel or Gibberish Lett.? Choices, Choices.
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System