« That's Where The Money Is |
| Sulfolane »
November 16, 2012
Part Eleven? Really?
And here's another item, sent in by a reader, who noted this publication in Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. I have no problem with the work at all, and certainly no problem with the people who did it (some of whom I know), but Part Eleven? I'm trying to figure out why this would be sliced quite so thinly - the only thing that comes to mind is to scatter a wide group of co-authors across several publications, so as to give everyone something on their CV. But how much does a multipart BOMCL count for - heck, while we're on the subject, how much does most any publication count for in today's hiring environment? Update: note that this is not one of those multiyear series things - most of these appear to be in press right now.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: The Scientific Literature
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Days Off
- Shuffling the Departments
- Funding Undergraduate Summer Research
- J. Appl. Drivel or Gibberish Lett.? Choices, Choices.
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System