« Sanofi Cuts Back in France |
| A Russian Chemist in Jail »
September 25, 2012
Pharmville: Good Grief, This Looks Awful
A reader sent along a link to this, which appears to be a completely serious effort by Boehringer Ingelheim to make a Facebook game about drug discovery. My guess is that whatever it might teach anyone about drug R&D will be outweighed by what it'll teach them (incorrectly) about the amount of effort needed to do it. No remotely realistic game could ever have enough payoffs to keep people interested. We can only handle that sort of thing in real life; one expects more from one's entertainment.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern