« Going After the Big Cyclic Ones |
| The American Chemical Society's Lawsuit Problem »
September 18, 2012
Boehringer Ingelheim Closing Laval Site
I've heard from more than one person with knowledge of the situation that BI has announced that they'll be closing their Laval site next March. Montreal's drug R&D culture has been taking some major hits the last few years, and this just piles on some more.
Update: the story is now out on the wires, and it looks like this is part of the company getting completely out of antivirals. 170 employees to be affected at Laval.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?