« Starting a Chemical Business |
| The GlaxoSmithKline Settlement »
July 2, 2012
If They Pretend to Read It, He'll Pretend to Write It
Is this the record? At least 172 faked publications from a Japanese anaesthesiology researcher. He doesn't seem to have been a particularly high-impact person in the field, but that makes you wonder, too. Sitting around all day, making up data for papers that no one reads. . .what a life! I don't how anything on quite this scale could happen in chemistry, but perhaps that's wishful thinking.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: The Scientific Literature
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern