« Tau Spreads On Its Own? |
| Buying Back Shares: An Admission of Defeat »
February 7, 2012
More Industrial Espionage
Well, we last got into arguments about industrial espionage here in December, so it's what? February already? Then here we go: from C&E News, we have this:
Federal prosecutors charged last week that Chinese government officials played a role in the theft from Dupont of technology to manufacture the paint pigment titanium dioxide.
According to a document filed on Jan. 31 in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, Federal Bureau of Investigation officials obtained letters in a search of the home of Walter Liew. The letters show that Liew “was tasked by representatives of the People’s Republic of China government to obtain technology used to build chloride-route titanium dioxide factories,” prosecutors say.
Here are more details from Reuters. More on this as it develops. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: The Dark Side
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chemistry Software Questions Here
- An Engineered Rhodium-Enzyme Catalyst
- Chemistry Software Questions Answered Monday
- More on That Crowdsourced CNS Research
- Thanksgiving Synthesis
- TauRx Goes Into Phase III For Alzheimer's
- The Galaxy Is Full of Gunk
- And Since We're Talking About Insider Trading