« The Academic-Industrial Collaboration in Drug Discovery Panel: Today |
| Academia and Industry, Suing Each Other »
February 6, 2012
Let's Start Off the Meeting With An Ad, OK?
I'm sitting in the main conference hall at the SLAS meeting as things get going. And I have to say, it's a big crowd, and there are some very interesting things on the agenda. But I've just seen something I've never seen before: an ad being played on the screens for the entire attending audience, just before the keynote address. Thermo Scientific has clearly put a lot of money into this meeting (as well they should), but sitting through a NFL-voice-over style ad during the kickoff to a scientific meeting ("The power to win!" is a real first.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: General Scientific News
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?