« The Academic-Industrial Collaboration in Drug Discovery Panel: Today |
| Academia and Industry, Suing Each Other »
February 6, 2012
Let's Start Off the Meeting With An Ad, OK?
I'm sitting in the main conference hall at the SLAS meeting as things get going. And I have to say, it's a big crowd, and there are some very interesting things on the agenda. But I've just seen something I've never seen before: an ad being played on the screens for the entire attending audience, just before the keynote address. Thermo Scientific has clearly put a lot of money into this meeting (as well they should), but sitting through a NFL-voice-over style ad during the kickoff to a scientific meeting ("The power to win!" is a real first.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: General Scientific News
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- The Worst Seminar
- Conference in Basel
- Messed-Up Clinical Studies: A First-Hand Report
- Pharma and Ebola
- Lilly Steps In for AstraZeneca's Secretase Inhibitor
- Update on Alnylam (And the Direction of Things to Come)
- There Must Have Been Multiple Chances to Catch This
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All