« The Research Works Act: One (Two!) Against and One For |
| Dapagliflozin Goes Down (For the Last Time?) »
January 19, 2012
Takeda Announces Cuts
2,800 over the next four years. More of them are in Europe than in the US (via the Nycomed acquisition), but there are hundreds of positions to be lost in this country, too. For now, the company seems to be just saying that they'll be in all parts of the organization, without much in the way of details. Those will, in time, become all too apparent.
Add that to last week's Novartis announcement (about 2,000 jobs, mostly in sales and marketing), and we're not off to a great 2012 on this front, are we?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System
- One and Done
- The Latest Protein-Protein Compounds
- Professor Fukuyama's Solvent Peaks
- Novartis Gets Out of RNAi