« NCPharma: Changing the Drug Industry How, Exactly? |
| A Note to Andy Grove »
October 25, 2011
Novartis Announces Cutbacks
Novartis has had fewer examples of the layoffs and closures that have beset the rest of the drug industry, but no one's immune. Reports are that they're eliminating 1,100 jobs in Europe and about 1,000 here in the US (and here's more from the Basler Zeitung, if you read German). And meanwhile, yes, 700 positions will be added in India and China (not research - data handling and trial management).
This isn't on the scale of some of the Pfizer layoffs, but it's bad enough. And is anyone willing to think that this will be the end?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here