« NCPharma: Changing the Drug Industry How, Exactly? |
| A Note to Andy Grove »
October 25, 2011
Novartis Announces Cutbacks
Novartis has had fewer examples of the layoffs and closures that have beset the rest of the drug industry, but no one's immune. Reports are that they're eliminating 1,100 jobs in Europe and about 1,000 here in the US (and here's more from the Basler Zeitung, if you read German). And meanwhile, yes, 700 positions will be added in India and China (not research - data handling and trial management).
This isn't on the scale of some of the Pfizer layoffs, but it's bad enough. And is anyone willing to think that this will be the end?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?