« China's Home-Grown Insanity? |
| The Scientific Literature Gets Kicked Around »
September 10, 2011
Conference Travel, With Blogging
I wanted to mention that I'm going to be attending this med-chem symposium in the UK next week, a joint conference of the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Society for Chemical Industry.
I'll be giving a talk on Tuesday, which will probably be the only one without a single chemical structure in it. They've asked me to talk about the state of drug discovery, which is certainly a topic I've given a lot of thought to. Problem is, everyone else has given a lot of thought to it as well, so the challenge is to come up with something worthwhile to say. I'm dragging in some material from well outside the field, which I think (and hope) is relevant.
Blogging should continue while I'm gone, though. I'll be commenting on some of the things that I hear about at the conference, although I won't be live-blogging anyone's talk or anything. I look forward to meeting some interesting people, and since I've never been to Cambridge (or Oxford, another stop on the trip), that should be worthwhile all by itself. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Blog Housekeeping
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Messed-Up Clinical Studies: A First-Hand Report
- Pharma and Ebola
- Lilly Steps In for AstraZeneca's Secretase Inhibitor
- Update on Alnylam (And the Direction of Things to Come)
- There Must Have Been Multiple Chances to Catch This
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen