« An Unethical Clinical Trial |
| The Histamine Code, You Say? »
June 30, 2011
Pfizer Reverses Course in Sandwich - A Bit
Pfizer now says that it's not going to completely close the Sandwich research site in the UK. 350 people will remain - which isn't too many compared to the fully staffed number (well over 2,000), but a lot better than zero. Between that and the attempt to make the site an enterprise zone, perhaps something can be salvaged. But the local economy is, as you'd expect, feeling the effects.
It's too early to say if this is an example of a drug company that feels as if it's outsourced enough and can stop now - let's watch the news over the next few months and see. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Some New Reviews
- A Structure From the Molecular Sponge
- Biggest US Cities for Biopharma Funding, Versus Whole Continents.
- We Are Pleased To Publish Your Senseless Ravings
- Traveling Interruption
- More Good PD-1 News in Cancer
- Novartis's Stealthy Headcount Reductions
- Sydney Brenner on the State of Science