« An Unethical Clinical Trial |
| The Histamine Code, You Say? »
June 30, 2011
Pfizer Reverses Course in Sandwich - A Bit
Pfizer now says that it's not going to completely close the Sandwich research site in the UK. 350 people will remain - which isn't too many compared to the fully staffed number (well over 2,000), but a lot better than zero. Between that and the attempt to make the site an enterprise zone, perhaps something can be salvaged. But the local economy is, as you'd expect, feeling the effects.
It's too early to say if this is an example of a drug company that feels as if it's outsourced enough and can stop now - let's watch the news over the next few months and see. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Google's Nanoparticle Diagnostic Ideas
- Aileron Heads Toward the Clinic
- Viehbacher Out at Sanofi
- Rumblings About AstraZeneca and Antibiotics
- Amgen Cuts Harder
- An Open-Source Cancer Pitch, Deconstructed
- Sanofi - Trouble At the Top?
- Sarepta's Duchenne Therapy Is A Lot Further Away