« How Others See Us (And How We See Them) |
| Getting Rid of Pesky Chirality »
May 25, 2011
Pfizer's Layoff Dance
What on earth is happening over in Pfizer's cardiovascular department? CVMED, as it's called there, went through a nasty round of cuts in April, with many layoffs and many transfers to the Boston site. Now I'm hearing that so few people have accepted those transfers that the company has changed course and said that these people now are still going to work in Groton, which is news to the ones who have their houses on the market. . .
This sort of thing has happened before with Pfizer - I'm thinking of the people who moved to Connecticut from Michigan a few years ago, some of whom were then laid off what, six months later? But if anyone has details on this latest mess, tell us in the comments. (I've also heard that there's more layoff news there this week - details there are welcome, too).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here