« How Others See Us (And How We See Them) |
| Getting Rid of Pesky Chirality »
May 25, 2011
Pfizer's Layoff Dance
What on earth is happening over in Pfizer's cardiovascular department? CVMED, as it's called there, went through a nasty round of cuts in April, with many layoffs and many transfers to the Boston site. Now I'm hearing that so few people have accepted those transfers that the company has changed course and said that these people now are still going to work in Groton, which is news to the ones who have their houses on the market. . .
This sort of thing has happened before with Pfizer - I'm thinking of the people who moved to Connecticut from Michigan a few years ago, some of whom were then laid off what, six months later? But if anyone has details on this latest mess, tell us in the comments. (I've also heard that there's more layoff news there this week - details there are welcome, too).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?