« Pfizer's Layoff Dance |
| Pfizer's Brave New Med-Chem World »
May 25, 2011
Getting Rid of Pesky Chirality
A reader sends along this example of a "stereodestructive" synthesis. I have nothing in particular against N-alkylpyrroles, but do we need another route to them so badly that we have to tear up not-so-cheap hydroxyproline to get there, burning up two chiral centers in the process?
Readers are invited to submit other examples from the "wad it up and throw it away" school of chiral synthesis in the comments. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Chemical News
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here