« The NIH's New Drug Discovery Center: Heading Into the Swamp? |
| Pfizer Part Two: Cuts at Groton »
February 1, 2011
Bad News: Pfizer Closes Site in Sandwich
Just today, Pfizer's announced that they're closing the longtime research site in Sandwich, Kent. 2,400 people work there, and although the company says that perhaps several hundred may find positions elsewhere, this is a major blow to drug discovery operations in the UK. No, we're not off to a good start in 2011 at all. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here