« Those Me-Too Drugs |
| Another Snow Day »
January 26, 2011
Abbott's Cutting Jobs
Abbott is announcing 1,900 layoffs, about 2% of the company's work force. That's on top of the 3,000 that had been announced last fall, and this is not getting 2011 off to a very good start, is it? I'm told by primary sources that there have been cuts in research as a part of this latest round, but I don't have any firm numbers yet. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?