« Those Me-Too Drugs |
| Another Snow Day »
January 26, 2011
Abbott's Cutting Jobs
Abbott is announcing 1,900 layoffs, about 2% of the company's work force. That's on top of the 3,000 that had been announced last fall, and this is not getting 2011 off to a very good start, is it? I'm told by primary sources that there have been cuts in research as a part of this latest round, but I don't have any firm numbers yet. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Days Off
- Shuffling the Departments
- Funding Undergraduate Summer Research
- J. Appl. Drivel or Gibberish Lett.? Choices, Choices.
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System