« Holiday Break |
| A Cold-Weather Recipe, By Request: Onion Soup »
December 27, 2010
My company closes down between Christmas and New Year's (or at least it has the last couple of years), and I have to tell you that this is a good thing today. We've had between one and two feet of snow, starting late yesterday, and it's now being blown all over the landscape by 40 mile-per-hour winds. Commuting in to work does not appeal.
Neither does even setting foot outside, actually - I haven't even put my hand on a doorknob today. Instead, I'm teaching my kids how to play table tennis, and they're whipping me at Mario Kart. Dinner last night was a big pot of French onion soup, which I've always considered an excellent response to weather like this, and tonight I'm making a chicken pot pie from scratch. Recipes on request!
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Blog Housekeeping
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Some New Reviews
- A Structure From the Molecular Sponge
- Biggest US Cities for Biopharma Funding, Versus Whole Continents.
- We Are Pleased To Publish Your Senseless Ravings
- Traveling Interruption
- More Good PD-1 News in Cancer
- Novartis's Stealthy Headcount Reductions
- Sydney Brenner on the State of Science