« More on Garage Biotech |
| Does Resveratrol Really Work? And Does SRT1720? »
October 7, 2010
The Layoff Picture
Here's a look at the layoff numbers in the drug industry, month by month so far this year. September's numbers jumped up, unfortunately, although the whole industry is not shedding jobs at the rate it was earlier this year. We're also behind last year's count, on a year-to-date basis.
Of course, slowing layoffs (if they are) is one thing. When's the last month that the pharma industry actually added head count? We've had a few months this year with very low layoff totals - did any of those go into positive territory overall, or do we have to go further back? I fear the latter, but I don't have the numbers.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
- Pfizer Walks Again By Night
- Gitcher SF5 Groups Right Here
- Changing A Broken Science System
- One and Done
- The Latest Protein-Protein Compounds
- Professor Fukuyama's Solvent Peaks
- Novartis Gets Out of RNAi