« How About The Same Price You Turned Down Before? Hmm? |
| Avastin For Metastatic Breast Cancer: The Whole Story »
August 30, 2010
Roche: Layoffs, or Rumors?
A Swiss newspaper reported over the weekend that Roche is planning large cuts, across much of their multinational organization. Here's the original article, for those of you who read German.
Looking it over, it seems to depend on the word of one Roche insider - or, more accurately, someone the newspaper describes as having the "best contacts" there. This person says that a decision will be made this week on cuts in research and other parts of the organization, and that Roche has been trying for some time to work out a large cost-cutting program.
The company denies any specific plans, but makes the appropriate noises about always looking for ways to do things more efficiently. Anyone heard anything else?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- The Worst Seminar
- Conference in Basel
- Messed-Up Clinical Studies: A First-Hand Report
- Pharma and Ebola
- Lilly Steps In for AstraZeneca's Secretase Inhibitor
- Update on Alnylam (And the Direction of Things to Come)
- There Must Have Been Multiple Chances to Catch This
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All