« How About The Same Price You Turned Down Before? Hmm? |
| Avastin For Metastatic Breast Cancer: The Whole Story »
August 30, 2010
Roche: Layoffs, or Rumors?
A Swiss newspaper reported over the weekend that Roche is planning large cuts, across much of their multinational organization. Here's the original article, for those of you who read German.
Looking it over, it seems to depend on the word of one Roche insider - or, more accurately, someone the newspaper describes as having the "best contacts" there. This person says that a decision will be made this week on cuts in research and other parts of the organization, and that Roche has been trying for some time to work out a large cost-cutting program.
The company denies any specific plans, but makes the appropriate noises about always looking for ways to do things more efficiently. Anyone heard anything else?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Abandoned Pharma
- Targacept Comes Up Empty, Yet Again
- Summer Blogging
- The Antibiotic Gap: It's All of the Above
- Phenotypic Assays in Cancer Drug Discovery
- Neratinib Comes Through For Puma
- How Many Biopharma Employees Would Rather Be Working Somewhere Else?
- The Broad Gets $650 Million For Psychiatric Research