« Open-Source Pharmaceutical Babble |
| Let's Just Spread This Deal Out All Over the Paper, Why Don't We? »
July 29, 2010
New from OSI / Astellas
When last we heard about the takeover of OSI by Astellas, everyone was standing around wondering what was going to happen. Some of that uncertainly seems, unfortunately, to be vanishing. A source tells me that the OSI people have been informed that their Ardsley headquarters and the Melville site on Long Island are to close. The fate of the Farmingdale site on LI is still unclear. Ardsley used to be where Purdue Pharma had a lot of people, and I don't think that OSI has been there that long, actually.
I've also heard that development staff at OSI have been told that they're being let go, but are free to re-apply to Astellas - that could mean several things, none of them particularly good, but that's all I have so far.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Inside the Dr. Oz PR Machine
- OK, You San Diego People
- India's GVK Accused of Systematic Fraud
- Tolerant Chemistry: Be Glad of It
- Are New Biopharmas Being Formed Quickly Enough?
- Elizabeth Warren's "Pharma Swear Jar" Idea
- GSK Cuts Back in China (?)
- Get Your Spirocyclic Compounds Here