« That Schering-Plough Lawsuit Isn't Going Away |
| The Ideal Synthesis »
June 28, 2010
Maitotoxin: It's On, All Right
Earlier this year we had a paper from the Nicolaou lab on the synthesis of the ABCDEFG ring system of maitotoxin. Now I see that a synthesis of the QRSTU domain has arrived. That's what, twelve rings down? Only twenty more to go, guys. This piece is ". . . appropriately functionalized . . . for further elaboration and coupling with suitably activated neighboring ring systems of maitotoxin for the purposes of constructing larger domains of the natural product." My deepest sympathies to all concerned.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Chemical News
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Abandoned Pharma
- Targacept Comes Up Empty, Yet Again
- Summer Blogging
- The Antibiotic Gap: It's All of the Above
- Phenotypic Assays in Cancer Drug Discovery
- Neratinib Comes Through For Puma
- How Many Biopharma Employees Would Rather Be Working Somewhere Else?
- The Broad Gets $650 Million For Psychiatric Research