« Malcolm Gladwell on Synta and Oncology |
| Unlovely Polyphenols »
May 10, 2010
Bill Gates Put Some Money On Schrödinger
My take on the recent news that Bill Gates has invested ten million dollars in the computational drug design company Schrödinger is here at Nature News. (They've recently made all their stories open-access, by the way, so you don't need a subscription to get the full stories).
In short, I think that patient billionaire money is just the sort of thing the field needs, because anyone with a short timeline and a need for a good return is going to have a rough time of it. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: In Silico
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Things I Won't Work With: Dimethylcadmium
- Another Germ Theory Victory - Back Pain?
- An Update on Deuterium Drugs
- One Case of Plagiarism Down. Two Zillion to Go.
- Ken Frazier at Merck: An Assessment
- The Medical Periodic Table
- Drug Assay Numbers, All Over the Place
- Aveo Gets Bad News on Tivozanib