« Of Cambridge, MA Interest Only |
| Homemade Morphine? »
April 27, 2010
Merck Closes a Site
I've heard that Merck told employees today that the Union site (an old Schering-Plough facility) will be closed. Apparently employees from both the Rahway and Union sites will be part of a pool when it comes to job cuts as a result of this, though - it's not just everyone who was working at Union.
This doesn't surprise me, actually. Union was one of the oldest of the Schering-Plough sites (perhaps the oldest after the company moved out of Bloomfield in 1992?) It always seemed a bit odd to have it and Kenilworth right next to each other, and throwing Rahway into the mix meant that something was probably going to give. . .any more details from the Merck people out there?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here