« Rapamycin for Alzheimer's? |
| Take These? »
April 6, 2010
Let's Hope They're Right
For what it's worth, here's a report that tallies up the layoff numbers in the industry so far this year as compared to 2009. And even though the first two months of the year featured plenty of job cuts, we're still well off last year's horrendous pace. March had the lowest number of layoffs in some time.
How you look at this news depends on whether you're a glass-half-full type or not. Perhaps there just aren't so many people to cut any more, at least not at early-2009 rates. But it may be that things have bottomed out. The real question will be whether the industry can get back to adding jobs in the US.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here