« Rapamycin for Alzheimer's? |
| Take These? »
April 6, 2010
Let's Hope They're Right
For what it's worth, here's a report that tallies up the layoff numbers in the industry so far this year as compared to 2009. And even though the first two months of the year featured plenty of job cuts, we're still well off last year's horrendous pace. March had the lowest number of layoffs in some time.
How you look at this news depends on whether you're a glass-half-full type or not. Perhaps there just aren't so many people to cut any more, at least not at early-2009 rates. But it may be that things have bottomed out. The real question will be whether the industry can get back to adding jobs in the US.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?