« About Time |
| Day Off »
April 1, 2010
As a commenter here has noted, something odd happened to Exelixis stock today at about 1 PM EDT. A sudden, sustained jump of about 10% is certainly possible without a huge expenditure of money in a stock this size - but what caused it? The delayed options quotes at the CBOE show what looks like a big spike in $7.50 calls with several expiration dates. You can bet the the SEC will be watching closely to see if the company makes any announcements in the next few days. And if they do, they'll be checking to see if those option orders were placed before or after 1 PM. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Shire's Replagal Problems: An Inside Look?
- Bungled Structure, And How
- Roche Closes Nutley, Once Its US R&D Home
- The Next Five Years in the Drug Industry
- A Kinase Inhibitor Learns Something New
- The Good Ol' Friedel-Crafts
- Merck's Madagascar Marketing Mess
- Scientific Literacy: Where Do You Stop?