« Not Gonna Make That One |
| Hope Darn Well Springs Eternal »
March 8, 2010
Bad News at Exelixis
I'm hearing from more than one source that Exelixis has laid off about 40% of their work force, which is somewhere around 250 people (the numbers I get don't all agree). This seems to be across the board, all departments, and most everyone is being asked to leave today.
The Bay area biotech scene doesn't seem to be at its healthiest these days (although it's still in better shape than San Diego, from the sound of it), but this isn't going to help it one bit. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern