« Why You Don't Want to Make Death-Star-Sized Drugs |
| Fat Rats Make Poor Test Subjects? »
March 2, 2010
AstraZeneca Makes Its Move
OK, I think the company has made an official announcement on this. They're getting out of schizophrenia, bipolar disease, depression, anxiety, acid reflux, thrombosis, ovarian and bladder cancers, systemic scleroderma and hepatitis C. (So much for some of the company's current and recent big-selling areas. . .)
As for facilities, they're shutting down early R&D in Wilmington and in Lund (Sweden), and the Charnwood site in the UK is closing. I haven't heard if there are other cuts going on in the sites (or therapeutic areas) that are remaining, though. Details in the comments. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here