« Engineering Receptors: Not Quite There Yet. Not Exactly. |
| Short Topics From All Over »
October 16, 2009
"Day One" at Pfizer
I've heard from several sources that today is what they're calling "Day One" at Pfizer. The merger with Wyeth is now official, and word is going to start going out on which sites will stay, which will close, and who will be moved or let go during the entire process.
Problem is, I'm also hearing that (for research, anyway) it could take as long as another sixty days for all the news to come out. We'll see what the real timetable is, but that's enough to make me wonder if there's any way they could have found to make the whole business more excruciating.
But it's a sad day. I think the Pfizer-Wyeth merger is a bad idea which will do bad things. I wish it hadn't happened, just like I wish many of the other mergers on this scale had not happened, and I wish that I could have some hope that this sort of thing won't happen again. But the lessons are taking a long time to be learned.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen
- Clinical Trial Fraud
- Grinding Up Your Reactions
- Peer Review, Up Close and Personal
- Google's Calico Moves Into Reality
- Reactive Groups: Still Not So Reactive