« Industrial Research: More Grounded in Reality, or Not? |
| Real Electrons »
September 15, 2009
The latest re-org announcement is from Eli Lilly. The company is getting braced for the Zyprexa patent expiration (and the possibility that Prasugrel and others won't be able to make up for as much lost revenue as they thought). Their target is a 14% head count reduction by the end of 2011.
For everyone's sake there, if they're really going to do that, I hope they do it quickly. Having that sort of thing hanging around over everyone's head is, to put it mildly, not good for anyone's quality of life (whether they're being let go or not). I haven't heard how these cuts will be distributed (across research, sales, administrative, etc.), but I suspect that details will start leaking out soon. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?