« Scientists Running Your Drug Company? |
| Pfizer's New Structure: Good Luck To All »
April 7, 2009
Biogen Idec: What's Going On?
Biogen Idec has continued to fight off Carl Icahn, opposing his nominees to the company's board and setting up a fight at the annual meeting later this year.
But this morning (as a correspondent has just pointed out to me) the company's stock has been taking off. It's up about 7%, with the broad market down, and all of this rise seems to have been since 11 AM. Someone's stepping up and buying a good amount of BIIB, for some reason. But who, and why?
Update: ah, here we go - rumors of Sanofi-Aventis or some other non-Ichan entity stepping in. We'll see if there's anything to it. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets | Current Events
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?