« Scientists Running Your Drug Company? |
| Pfizer's New Structure: Good Luck To All »
April 7, 2009
Biogen Idec: What's Going On?
Biogen Idec has continued to fight off Carl Icahn, opposing his nominees to the company's board and setting up a fight at the annual meeting later this year.
But this morning (as a correspondent has just pointed out to me) the company's stock has been taking off. It's up about 7%, with the broad market down, and all of this rise seems to have been since 11 AM. Someone's stepping up and buying a good amount of BIIB, for some reason. But who, and why?
Update: ah, here we go - rumors of Sanofi-Aventis or some other non-Ichan entity stepping in. We'll see if there's anything to it. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets | Current Events
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- The Palbociclib Saga: Or Why We Need a Lot of Drug Companies
- Why Not Bromine?
- Fragonomics, Eh?
- Amicus Fights Its Way Through in Fabry's
- Did Pfizer Cut Back Some of Its Best Compounds?
- Don't Optimize Your Plasma Protein Binding
- Fluorinated Fingerprinting
- One of Those Days