« Maribavir, Ouch |
| Do Scientists Read Business Books? (Plus: Add a Circle to Dante's Inferno!) »
February 10, 2009
Roche / Genentech: So There is a Deadline
Well, so much for that "no deadline" statement from Roche the other day. It turns out that the tender offer for Genentech shares expires on March 12 - and if you want to read the whole thing, you can find it here. That link is thanks to the Wall Street Journal's Health Blog, where it's pointed out that the two companies seem to be disagreeing over Genentech's value (no surprise!) and on the financial assumptions that have been made along the way.
Genentech says that they'll make a recommendation within a few days - odds are that they'll tell their shareholders to sit tight, and in that case, the race is on. Will Roche raise their offer? The market certainly thinks so, with DNA closing yesterday below 83. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Darapladib Misses Its Endpoint
- Leaving Antibiotics: An Interview
- It Doesn't Repeat? Who's Interested?
- Another Pain Drug Wipes Out
- The Past Twenty Years of Drug Development, Via the Literature
- The Other Shoe Drops at Ariad
- Exiting Two Therapeutic Areas
- Organizing Research