« Maribavir, Ouch |
| Do Scientists Read Business Books? (Plus: Add a Circle to Dante's Inferno!) »
February 10, 2009
Roche / Genentech: So There is a Deadline
Well, so much for that "no deadline" statement from Roche the other day. It turns out that the tender offer for Genentech shares expires on March 12 - and if you want to read the whole thing, you can find it here. That link is thanks to the Wall Street Journal's Health Blog, where it's pointed out that the two companies seem to be disagreeing over Genentech's value (no surprise!) and on the financial assumptions that have been made along the way.
Genentech says that they'll make a recommendation within a few days - odds are that they'll tell their shareholders to sit tight, and in that case, the race is on. Will Roche raise their offer? The market certainly thinks so, with DNA closing yesterday below 83. . .
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here