« Prep TLC: The Good Old Days Live On |
| How Long Is Roche Prepared to Wait? »
February 6, 2009
Short Business Notes: AstraZeneca, Biogen, Vertex
AstraZeneca's CEO bets on China, and says that company isn't in the market or a big merger or acquisition. (The same comments that came up when GSK said this the other day can be assumed to have been made, if readers want to save time. . .)
Carl Icahn is making another run at Biogen, nominating his own candidates for the company's board of directors. This will doubtless be an ongoing soap opera for some time.
From another board of directors' meeting, a change at the top at Vertex.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- XKCD on Protein Folding
- The 2014 Chemistry Nobel: Beating the Diffraction Limit
- German Pharma, Or What's Left of It
- Sunesis Fails with Vosaroxin
- A New Way to Estimate a Compound's Chances?
- Meinwald Honored
- Molecular Biology Turns Into Chemistry
- Speaking at Northeastern