« Prep TLC: The Good Old Days Live On |
| How Long Is Roche Prepared to Wait? »
February 6, 2009
Short Business Notes: AstraZeneca, Biogen, Vertex
AstraZeneca's CEO bets on China, and says that company isn't in the market or a big merger or acquisition. (The same comments that came up when GSK said this the other day can be assumed to have been made, if readers want to save time. . .)
Carl Icahn is making another run at Biogen, nominating his own candidates for the company's board of directors. This will doubtless be an ongoing soap opera for some time.
From another board of directors' meeting, a change at the top at Vertex.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?