« Sir James Black Vents, Therapeutically |
| Prep TLC: The Good Old Days Live On »
February 5, 2009
Short Business Note: GSK's At Least Not Going to Merge
GlaxoSmithKline says that they're going to cut yet more staff - this follows up on those reports in the UK press the other day. Interestingly, they're also declining to give any guidance on their 2009 earnings. (Personally, I'd be just as happy if everyone declined to give guidance at all times, but I realize that this would affect the capital markets a bit). And, to the company's credit, they say that they're not in the market for a big merger. Their CEO told the press that "There is no way we are going to be distracted by large-scale M&A within the pharmaceutical sector -- that's not for GlaxoSmithKline."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- English As the Language of Science
- A New Dual DNA-Encoded Library Screen
- Computational Drug Discovery Talk
- Ian Read's Pfizer Coin
- "From All This You'd Imagine, That There Must Be Something Learned. . ."
- More Herbal Goodness
- Breakthroughs Aren't Forever
- The Old Binding Mode Switcheroo