« The Great Acetonitrile Shortage |
| The Real Hazards of the Lab »
January 23, 2009
Pfizer / Wyeth: They're Going to Take Us All Down With Them
Well, as most of you will have heard, the news this morning is that Pfizer has been in talks to buy Wyeth for several months now. So they must be serious about it, eh? That's been one of the deals tossed around as a possibility, so it doesn't come as a complete surprise. I guess what does surprise me is that the company really is going to continue their amoeboid lifestyle. But then again, what choice do they have?
I've said so much about Pfizer recently that I think everyone here knows my thoughts (and I was recently quoted in the New London newspaper The Day unburdening myself in similar fashion, which should ensure that I'll never get a job at the company). But what am I saying? Who thinks that Pfizer will be doing anything but shedding head count for several years to come?
Update: I have more comment on this, for a non-industry audience over at The Atlantic's new business site, where I'll be contributing some posts on the drug world.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business and Markets
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen
- Clinical Trial Fraud
- Grinding Up Your Reactions
- Peer Review, Up Close and Personal
- Google's Calico Moves Into Reality
- Reactive Groups: Still Not So Reactive