« Nerve, Lots and Lots of Nerve |
| Andy Grove: Rich, Famous, Smart and Wrong »
November 5, 2007
Bright Lights and Applause?
I see that this blog is getting creamed in the Weblog Awards voting, which is similar to what happened last year. Pharyngula and Bad Astronomy are once again fighting it out for supremacy, this year joined by the fans of Climate Audit.
That last one not a blog I've read yet, since I regard most arguing about global warming to be as much religious as scientific. In my college years I largely lost my taste for arguing with people whose views were not susceptible to change, and too many people on both sides of that one fall into that category as far as I can see.
But the fierce arguing does lead to a lot of blog traffic, that's for sure - the same goes for a lot of the discussion on Pharyngula, as far as I can see. Disputes about sulfonamides and logP don't stir up the same passions, though, but if you're inclined, throw in a vote for this site to keep things from looking too disgraceful.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Blog Housekeeping
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Weirdly, Tramadol Is Not a Natural Product After All
- Thiola, Retrophin, Martin Shkrell, Reddit, and More
- The Most Unconscionable Drug Price Hike I Have Yet Seen
- Clinical Trial Fraud
- Grinding Up Your Reactions
- Peer Review, Up Close and Personal
- Google's Calico Moves Into Reality
- Reactive Groups: Still Not So Reactive