« PLoS One |
| Reality, Here In This Little Dish »
January 9, 2007
You know, I was seeing some more headlines about the powerful natural-gas smell in New York City the other day, and a thought crossed my mind:
You organic chemists over that way, at Columbia, NYU, Hunter College, etc. . .just by chance, did any of you happen to run a great big alkanethiol reaction? Or dump, for some odd reason, a liter or two of the neat stuff down a convenient waste pipe?
Just asking. How much ethanethiol would it take to stink out Manhattan, anyway? Depending on wind conditions, it might not be as much as you'd think.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Current Events
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here