« Ray Kurzweil's Future |
| The Great Plavix Disaster »
August 10, 2006
Airplanes and Chemicals
I've already been asked about today's news of a plot to bring chemical explosives on to commercial flights in Britain. Naturally, like most other chemists, I have opinions and speculations about how people might do this, but I'm going to keep them to myself. I've no desire to be used as reference material for such things, unlikely though that might be. If there are later disclosures (unlikely) about the compounds and methods used, I may comment on them then, but I'm not going to add to the available information about homemade explosives for terrorism.
And in the spirit of honi soit qui mal y pense, it is my sincere wish that anyone who investigates such things blow themselves up very early in their R&D program.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Current Events
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- The Ax At Aveo
- Today's Avandia Hearing at the FDA
- Research Fraud at GSK Shanghai?
- Quaternary Chiral Centers Made to Order
- ChemDraw on the iPad
- AstraZeneca, As Expected, Pulls the Plug
- The Flip Side: Organic Chemistry That Should Be More Famous
- Chemical Biology Highlights