« Judgement Day |
| Okay, One More Merck Point »
August 21, 2005
No More Merck For A Couple of Days
I'm glad to hear that the punitive damages in the Merck case will be automatically reduced under Texas law. But the jury award will still set a public precedent, which I fear that later juries will be tempted to see and raise. Hey, if the Texas fellow was worth $253 million, who's to say that the next plaintiff isn't worth even more? There may be a tendency to dig deep into the pile of money while it's still there. Ay, what a depressing topic. I hope that everyone who dislikes the drug industry is enjoying this; someone should be.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Current Events
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy for Cancer: The Short Version
- How Much Is Wrong?
- The 2013 Drug Approvals: Not So Great?
- Positive Rules and Negative Ones
- Prices Rising - Every Year, Every Drug?
- Easy Aziridines
- Back Blogging (Bonus Biographical Begging)
- It Just So Happens That I Have A Conference Right Here