« Judgement Day |
| Okay, One More Merck Point »
August 21, 2005
No More Merck For A Couple of Days
I'm glad to hear that the punitive damages in the Merck case will be automatically reduced under Texas law. But the jury award will still set a public precedent, which I fear that later juries will be tempted to see and raise. Hey, if the Texas fellow was worth $253 million, who's to say that the next plaintiff isn't worth even more? There may be a tendency to dig deep into the pile of money while it's still there. Ay, what a depressing topic. I hope that everyone who dislikes the drug industry is enjoying this; someone should be.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Current Events
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Scripps Update
- What If Drug Patents Were Written Like Software Patents?
- Stem Cells: The Center of "Right to Try"
- Speaking of Polyphenols. . .
- Dark Biology And Small Molecules
- How Polyphenols Work, Perhaps?
- More On Automated Medicinal Chemistry
- Scripps Merging With USC?