« Arr, Me Hearties! |
| The Check Shows Up in the Mail. Really. »
July 21, 2005
Science Marches On
So, you're wondering, no doubt, if steely-eyed drug discoverers, those hardy scientific pioneers, are perhaps just the tiniest bit embarrassed when their company issues a press-release like this one?
"Schering-Plough Plans Tutti-Frutti Clarinex", runs the headline. And the answer is, yes, the research divisions generally cringe at the sight of such marketing brainstorms. That's partly because these line extensions always seem a little beneath everyone's dignity ("Now with the great taste of fish!") And it's partly because the drug discovery folks realize that if they'd come up with more new things for Marketing to sell, their companies wouldn't be reduced to this kind of thing.
The devil does indeed find work for idle hands. And those hands are capable of most anything, even. . .tutti-frutti Clarinex.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Why Everyone Loves Us
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Shire's Replagal Problems: An Inside Look?
- Bungled Structure, And How
- Roche Closes Nutley, Once Its US R&D Home
- The Next Five Years in the Drug Industry
- A Kinase Inhibitor Learns Something New
- The Good Ol' Friedel-Crafts
- Merck's Madagascar Marketing Mess
- Scientific Literacy: Where Do You Stop?